In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I came up with a list of 100 things about you that I thank God for. You haven’t seen this list yet.
1. You’re the girl of my dreams.
2. You encourage me to grow in character.
3. Your own character encourages me to grow in character.
4. We get to learn and grow and struggle together.
5. Your strengths are many.
6. Our strengths and weaknesses complement each other.
7. You have a child-like faith in God, while I’m always questioning, always doubting, never satisfied.
8. You make me relax, though I want to keep going all the time.
9. You make me have fun.
10. We can be silly with each other.
11. You’ve believed in me all these years that I’ve been pursuing my dream.
12. You haven’t once questioned my vision.
13. You gave up much to let me follow my dream.
14. You haven’t complained once that many of our sacrifices are a result of my pursuit of my dream.
15. You’re patient with my shortcomings
16. You pray for me, that I’ll become like Christ.
17. You want me to lead you.
18. You want me to romance you.
19. You invest greatly in our marriage.
20. You love doing devotions with me.
21. You love to pray with me.
22. You long for a great relationship with me and won’t settle for mediocrity.
23. You smile and nod when I talk about philosophy and theology.
24. We have a great connection.
25. You’re warm and tender with me.
26. You haven’t become bitter with me, even though you have reason to.
27. You continually forgive me, even when I fail in the same areas over and over again.
28. You don’t keep a record of wrongs.
29. You love giving gifts to others.
30. I see the fruit of the Spirit in you.
31. You’re glad when others are glad.
32. You care more for character/spiritual growth and wisdom than money and things.
33. You want people to know Jesus.
34. You have a heart for the “down and out.”
35. You want to feed and clothe the needy.
36. You have a heart for orphans.
37. You cry for the needs of orphans.
38. You pray for orphans.
39. You want to adopt.
40. You’re gentle.
41. You’re sweet.
42. You’re kind.
43. You’re friendly.
44. You’re easy going.
45. You welcome new people.
46. You show love even to strangers.
47. You’re (almost) always joyful.
48. You don’t worry even when our circumstances look bad.
49. You trust God in bad situations.
50. Your anger isn’t long lasting.
51. Your patience is.
52. You never boast about yourself.
53. You encourage others in their talents.
54. You love God.
55. You long to know God.
56. You long to know the Bible.
57. You want to continually fellowship with God’s people.
58. You’re hot!
59. You have a great body.
60. You have deep, beautiful, brown eyes.
61. You have great lips that I love to kiss.
62. You have long, curly, brown hair.
63. You love our children.
64. You want them to know God.
65. You teach them about God.
66. You pray for them.
67. You take great care of them.
68. You give up your wants and sometimes your needs for them.
69. You have a great relationship with your parents.
70. You do much to foster that relationship.
71. You want to see your brothers and sisters grow in maturity and their knowledge of God.
72. You get along well with my family.
73. You want to see my family often.
74. You have a great laugh.
75. You think I’m funny.
76. You laugh at most of my jokes.
77. You love life.
78. You almost never stop smiling.
79. Your smile is infectious.
80. You like to watch movies with me.
81. You like superhero movies.
82. You watch movies I like with me, even though you hate most of them.
83. You go on hikes with me even though you hate hikes.
84. You want to look good for me.
85. You tried running, just so you could run with me.
86. You tried P90x with me.
87. You love the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Restaurant.
88. Whenever we move to a new place, you’re able to make it feel like home.
89. You’re artistic.
90. You want to develop your artistic abilities for God’s glory.
91. You’ve gone camping with me, though you dislike camping.
92. You share a dream with me to travel the world.
93. You graciously agreed to get a minivan, even though you thought it would make you look old.
94. We share a love for The Chronicles of Narnia.
95. You tolerate my love for LOTR.
96. You recently started reading A LOT.
97. You’d rather be with me than with friends.
98. You like to try out different chocolates.
99. You like to try out different cheeses.
100. You wanted to marry a guy like me.