Last night, I bought you a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s. I think bringing you chocolate may be the kind of act that you enjoy the most (recall my commitment on day 107). But bringing you flowers, writing you love notes, and enjoying a romantic dinner with you are close to the top. If most girls are like you, then it’s obvious why the cliché date is one in which the guy brings the girl chocolates and flowers, then takes her out for a nice dinner. Then again, you’re not like most girls—you’re mine.
Day 111: TJ’s ChocolateJanuary 18, 2012
Day 70: Little Acts Count TooDecember 8, 2011
I decided to do ten little acts for you yesterday, rather than one biggish one. Here are my “ten” acts:
(1) I texted you during the day to tell you I love you and to ask you how you’re doing. You said you’re surviving. I texted you back that “you’re a survivor/ you’re gonna make it.”
(2) I opened the car door for you when we went out.
(3) I held your hand as much as possible during the evening. Sometimes, certain little people prevented me from doing so as they often required more hands than both of us have.
(4) I cleaned the bathroom sink for you.
(5) I placed a love note on the bathroom sink for you.
(6) I placed a few pieces of chocolate on your pillow.
(7) I served you ice cream.
(8) I massaged one of your hands.
By the time I finished (8), I lay down on the couch and told you to wake me up in twenty minutes (who takes naps at 10 PM?). (9) and (10) never came because my nap lasted a tad longer than I expected. Around three AM, our oldest daughter needed some attention. As we took care of her, you told me that you found the chocolates and the note and that I was very thoughtful to do those things.